I find comfort in the fact that the people who matter in my life know about Javier's condition and I am thankful that I am able to speak openly to them about the topic. Of course, I am still not the type who will just say it to anyone. I understand some people may find it discomforting to know such information.
Last night, Javier did something that made me smile. Before sleeping, I reminded him that it was time to pray. Normally, I will recite the prayer to the guardian angel and he would be filling in the blanks I have left for him. Our prayer together would go something like this:
Me: Angel of..
Javier: … God
Me: My guardian…
Javier: … dear
Me: To whom His …
Javier: …love
Me: Commits me…
Javier: … here
Me: Ever this…
Javier: …day
Me: Be at my …
Javier: … side
Me: To light and …
Javier: … guard
Me: To rule and…
Javier: … guide. Ament. (He likes saying Ament instead of Amen).
Last night was different. Instead of me saying the first part of each phrase, Javier said the entire prayer all by himself. Not too bad, kid. You make your parents proud.
Hooray for Javier!
ReplyDelete