A month ago, I was praying for Thing 1 and Thing 2 to happen. Guess what, it didn't push through. In two terse and cold sentences, I was informed that it had been rejected. No explanations, nothing said further. The cold fact punctuated with a single full stop as if to further emphasize its finality. It was the saddest thing to know after a long day. I felt like crying, knowing that we badly needed these things to happen. But since they didn't happen, I want to punch someone in the face.
They always say, if things don't happen, then God must have a special purpose. What purpose? I don't understand why I am being deprived of 'miracles'... Why, why, why.
When I learned of my son's diagnosis, the very essence of my religious and spiritual foundations were shaken. I still cannot bring myself to prayer without first asking myself if this effort will indeed enlighten me spiritually or will bring me closer to God. If I ask God for a miracle, will he even listen? Sometimes I think hope is a cruel thing, because you might be hoping for something that will never happen.
"Do your best and God will do the rest." While others may be silent about the situation, they feel your pain and hopelessness. Please don't stop believing for YOU are Javier's greatest hope. We love you.
ReplyDelete