Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bread time

I am thinking of doing a little tweaks in our family diet to see how it affects Javier's behaviour. For now, I don't think we're going to dive head-in to the gluten-free, casein-free diet, instead, I'm going to shift to fresher and more natural alternatives.

We cook most of our meals at home, using as much natural ingredients as possible. We still have not given up our hotdogs, bacon and other processed meat, but I'm planning to cut down as much as possible.

I'm also exploring making our own bread. Saw this on youtube:

I am trying it out from the recipe here.

Last night, I did the first step -- prepared the dough and let it rise.

First step: mixed all the ingredients.

After the dough has risen
The prepared dough is 'resting' in the fridge. I plan to bake it on Saturday morning. This should give me time to look for cornmeal. Can you believe how hard it is to find cornmeal in our local groceries?

Will keep you updated. Hopefully, the bread will taste like bread. I had a baking disaster last weekend because I put too much baking soda and my muffins ended up bitter :(

No comments:

Post a Comment