Thursday, July 14, 2011

Postsecret on Autism

Saw these on PostSecret.

I cried after seeing them.




I have to admit that I still don't know whether I should be telling people about my son's condition or not. Specially when he starts misbehaving in public. I asked another 'special parent' (yes, we are special!) on how they handle this situation and she told me that I am NOT obliged to explain to people about my son's behavior.

What about my friends, do I need to tell all of them? She said, only tell the friends whom you really trust and who you feel will be able to help you in your situation. By "help", it means support, love, unconditional friendship, understanding. I have only told my son's condition to people who matter -- my family, my true friends and my small network of special parents. For now, I think I'll be able survive with just them knowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment