If there is one thing Javier's condition is teaching me, it's receiving acts of kindness from unexpected acquaintances.
Last night, Jolet and I met up with the parents of a special child. Both of them are also Filipinos based in Singapore. They have 2 kids and their eldest, a girl, also has autism symptoms.
We met in a fastfood joint and the instant I saw the kind lady, I immediately sensed it was her. I swear she's an angel, her face was radiating with kindness and grace. We talked as if we were old friends who haven't seen each other for a day and it felt good to be in the company of people who really understood what we were going through.
They shared their experiences, their struggles, their hopes and their dreams for their special child. It was a completely 'humanizing' experience for me. I was in tears, to the point of sobbing as our conversation was getting more intense. Never mind that we were in a public place, I just did not care anymore. Here I am, a witness to God's provision. That in spite of my son's condition, He is providing us with people who will be able to help us and join us in our journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment